Sunday, July 28, 2013

Moriah in the Evening

To me, she is always beautiful.

But tonight, as we enjoyed a pleasant Sunday evening outside together, she seemed even more beautiful than usual.

Maybe it was the light.
Maybe it was her silly grin.
Maybe it was the curls in the back of her hair.



Maybe it was her starfish hands.

Maybe it was the love.  (I tried to take a picture of the two of us while I held her on my lap.  I stretched my arm out as far as I could and *click*.  You can see how successful I was.  I need a longer arm--and better aim.)  ;-)
If Moriah had been a little older and I had been able to teach her a character lesson tonight, it would have been this:  "There will always be some people--myself included!--who think your appearance is beautiful.  But oh my dear Moriah, your beauty has much less to do with what is on the outside...and much more to do with what is on the inside.  Take care of your inside, my sweet girl...
...Take care of the inside!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little Moriah is such a cutie! I love reading about your family- always so encouraging :) Blessings to you!

Valerie said...

Oh Davene, these pictures of Moriah are beautiful! She looks like a toddler in the last one, so much less baby than in some others. What a sweet girl :)