Sunday, June 2, 2013

While I Can

The day will come when I won't be able to watch Moriah sleep.
Someone else will, most likely. Hopefully, a husband.  ;-)
 But I won't be there to notice her long eyelashes...her hair which curls a little when she's sweaty...her sweet chubby thighs...
 ...her toes which sometimes stick out the side of the bed.  :)
 So in this precious phase of life, I'm going to pause when I see her sleeping.
Because I want to soak in the sight of this beloved little one resting so peacefully...

...while I can.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I still sneak in to watch my son sleep. What precious moments they are.

Jolanthe Erb said...

Every now and then at night {while I can} I love to watch the kids sleep. :)

The Coderlambian said...

Yes, indeed! Those days go so fast!

Stacey said...

My daughter who is 13 likes to crawl into my bed at 6:30 in the morning when she hears her daddy leave for work. This morning I looked over and watched her sleep. Her face was so peaceful. She is growing up and I noticed how beautiful she is while resting. Not much longer and I won't be able to witness her sleeping like this.

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

These simple beautiful moments mean so much.

By the way, must you always make me cry? I should know by now to have a tissue handy when I read your blog. lol (I mean that as a compliment to the wonderful way you have of capturing the joys of motherhood.) ;0)

Homeschool on the Croft said...

I go into our younger son's bedroom every night to just stare at his face. He's ten now, but when he sleeps, he seems like a wee boy again. Precious :)