Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father {So Much Contained in One Little Word}

A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.
~ Billy Graham ~

In the baby lies the
future of the world.
Mother must hold the baby close
so that the baby knows it is his world,
but the father must take him to the highest hill
so that he can see 
what his world is like.
~ Mayan Indian Proverb ~

Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, singers of songs.
~ Pam Brown ~


The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him.
~ Proverbs 20:7 (NKJV) ~


What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity.
~ Jean Paul Richter ~

With much love for my dad and for the dad of my children on this very special day!!  :)

Pictures
1. Dad & I when I was a newborn - spring 1976
2. Jeff & Moriah on the Outer Banks - September 2012
3. Dad praying for me after my first baptism (yes, I've had a few)  ;-) - 1983?
4. Jeff & Tobin in our garden - a few days ago

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dads really do have an impact.

Sally said...

I loved this post! Thanks so much for sharing these quotes and the pictures.