Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Big Day for Moriah!

First she did it outside this afternoon, after she had crawled off the cloth I had spread under a tree for her to play on while I planted strawberries.  I thought at the time that maybe she only did it because she was trying to get as far away from the grass as she possibly could.  ;-)

But then tonight, she did it--repeatedly--in the living room; and by all the joyful fuss we made about it, she clearly knew she was doing something pretty special.  :)

I'm talking about Moriah standing up.  

On her own two feet.  

Without holding onto anything.  

All by herself!
Watching her stand up and then look around with a smile to make sure we had noticed reminded me so much of what it was like when Shav first stood up...although in that case, he was 17 and a half months old, and Moriah is just over 13 months.  I really do think she'll be our earliest walker.

Not that I'm pushing to get to that stage.  Each day is precious, and for now I'm simply relishing the sight of my baby girl...
...STANDING UP!!!  :)

7 comments:

Sally said...

I love it! She's ahead of Rachel Anne on that one!

Unknown said...

She look ready to roam!

Miriam said...

Oh my goodness! She is so cute! In the last video, when she's facing the camera, she looks exactly like your school picture in the Trinity yearbook that Gail and Sally have. :)

Miriam said...

(Minus the 2 braids, I should say. ;) )

The Coderlambian said...

Such fun days!

Amanda said...

It's so funny how every child is different...Micah walked at exactly 12 months; Silas walked at 10 months (that was scary haha); and Elijah waited until he was 16 months to walk...every boy, completely different.

Margie said...

I love how they're all cheering her on! She's got such a huge, supportive fan club in her family. (As an aside: Aren't those cotton snap-on-the-bottom dresses great?)