Sunday, May 26, 2013

2 Realizations, 2 Photos

I stayed up too late tonight.  It was for a good cause though: I was reading Anne of Green Gables and had to finish it.  Some things are worth sacrificing sleep for.  ;-)

While reading it, however, I came to a realization: I will almost certainly be unable to ever read it aloud to my children.  

It's true: it's a book they'll have to read on their own when they're old enough.  It's just as well, I suppose.  After all, they would surely get awfully tired of me stopping in every other chapter to have a good cry!  ;-)  

There are some books that I know are going to make me emotional as I'm reading them to my children, but in a long chapter book, if it only happens once or twice, I can struggle through those spots.  With Anne though, it wouldn't just be once or twice.  There are multiple places in that book that get my tears flowing...which is no problem when I'm the only one awake in the house and can let my tears flow in peace, but is a problem when I'm trying to control myself enough to read aloud to the family!  :)

I've also come to another realization: I'm terrible--really and truly terrible--at blogging about stuff when I say I will.  The latest example?  This post nearly a week ago in which I promised to post the rest of the violin photo shoot pictures on the following day.  As you can see, it didn't happen.  The day on which I was planning to post those pictures happened to be the day of the horrible, devastating tornado in Oklahoma; and my heart was so grieved by the stories and images from that disaster that I couldn't find the impetus to post carefree pictures of my sons.  In the days following, for one reason or another, I just didn't get around to it.

But I will!  I'm not going to say exactly when, because if I did, that would be a sure way to guarantee that it would not happen on that promised day.  But sometime I will, and I am so eager to do it because I love the way Emily captured my boys and their instruments.

For tonight then, here are just two more.
 The rest will come at a later date...
...when you least expect it.  ;-)

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

I adore Anne of Green Gables! I reread all of the books last year and reading your post makes me want to do it again! :)

I've really enjoyed the pictures of the boys and their violins. What treasures!

Unknown said...

I love Anne too. I read each of her books many times each.