Thursday, November 24, 2011

While My Body Feasts on Food Today...

...my mind will be feasting on these words:

The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts.  No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.
~ H.U. Westermayer

We have SO MUCH for which to give thanks!!!

A very happy and blessed Thanksgiving to you, from our family (picture taken earlier this week when our niece Hannah and her boyfriend Ben came to visit) to yours!

One final thought to meditate on between bites of turkey and pumpkin pie:

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
~ Native American saying

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture and reminder.. we are all really sick and not able to go to our family get togethers.. which is sad but I am glad I got sick tuesday night and not wednesay night or Thursday morning and get everyone sick today!

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I really like your family picture.