Monday, November 21, 2011

Baby Girl's First Gift

At only 20 weeks of gestation, Baby Girl is a bit young to be getting mail addressed to her, don't you think? ;-) But the fact that this little one isn't due to be born for another four and half months didn't stop my very kind friend Valerie B. from sending a package to her.
I took the liberty of opening it for my daughter; I figured she'd need a little help.  ;-)

Inside it, wrapped in *pink* tissue paper, was the sweetest bib and burp cloth set.
 Isn't it adorable?  :)

The card was even girly and beautiful:  pink and green, probably my favorite color combination for a girl.

It's not the first time Valerie has blessed a child of mine with a first gift.  When I was pregnant with Tobin, Valerie sent me a wonderful gift for him, just as soon as we had the ultrasound that showed us he was a boy.  In many other ways through the years, she has thoughtfully and generously showered love and encouragement upon me and my family.

Every younger woman should have a "Valerie" in her life; I'm so grateful for mine and wish that we were all so blessed!

What's more, every woman should be a "Valerie" to someone else.  Am I being one?  How can I be one more and more?

While I reflect on that, I'll steal glimpses of our new bib and burp cloth...and smile every time I think of my daughter's first gift.  :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute set! Valerie sounds like an awesome lady.

Miriam said...

Oh, how sweet and pretty!!

And even before I got to your line "every woman should BE a Valerie" I was thinking "um, and *I* being a Valerie??" I want to be a Valerie.

Miriam said...

(Oops, that should read "am" instead of "and".)

Aliesha Caldwell | Feathers in Our Nest said...

When I saw the title of your post, I thought to myself, "I bet it was from my mom!" haha! She is the best gift-giver I've ever met. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute gift and how sweet of your Valerie! I'm trying to think of something good to send for both the baby and the boys when she is born. I can't add 20 weeks in my head---When is baby girl's due date?

Davene Grace said...

Mary - it's April 7. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I remember Valerie B. so well even though I am sure it has been 25 yrs since I have seen her and I am sure she has no idea who I am, but at that time in my life I thought she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen and now when I think of her I realize that it was her inward beauty shining that makes her so gorgeous! Julia