Sunday, November 27, 2011

So Far, This Is What We've Purchased for Our Baby Girl

One of the first nights after we found out this tiny one is a girl-child, I typed "first doll" into Ebay's search bar and started browsing.  When I saw this, I impulsively asked Jeff if we could get it.   He kindly said yes.  ;-)
Can you see what's embroidered on the front?
It says "my first doll," but really, it's more like a snuggly, cuddly, stuffed toy with a rattle inside--not a "real" doll with clothes that can be changed and accessories that can be added.  Ah, well, there's plenty of time for that later.  :)

For now, I think this bit of pink sweetness is the perfect thing for our daughter.  And it's the only thing we've bought for her...so far...  ;-)

8 comments:

Sally said...

Hannah had a doll like that, and it was a huge hit with her. She chewed the pigtails! I know your daughter will love it (and so will you!).

Anonymous said...

Cute!! She is going to love it!

Unknown said...

You are going to have the best time gathering things for a girl. Boys don't seem to have as much to choose from.

Julie said...

Awww...my little girls had that doll. And now it's the year of the Bitty Baby. Three of them are waiting in my room to meet their new mommies at Christmas.

Valerie said...

Awww, we have 2 dolls like that, only ours our embroidered with each of the girls names. Great first purchase. :)

Kristen said...

Popped over from "homeschool on the croft" and just had to tell you that this doll also comes as a brunette : ) Our little one sleeps with it every.single.night. So sweet!

Congratulations!

Davene Grace said...

Hi, Kristen! Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing these stories of other little girls' affection for this doll. It gives me that much more to look forward to. :)

Have a great day!

Leah said...

That looks the first doll I got for my first daughter. Almost exactly. I came over from HoTC to say congratulations on the news of your precious new daughter. I've got three boys and three girls and I love them all! What a joy to be a mother. God's peace to you today.