Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Why I'm Not Blogging (Much)

When I first started blogging, I had two children.  Life was busy, but not too busy to find time to blog.

Through the years, my number of offspring tripled; and each time a new addition to the family came along, my dad would say something like, "You probably won't be able to blog as much after the baby is born."  But somehow, despite the unsteady waves that rocked my boat each time we adjusted to a new member of the family, I still found time to blog fairly regularly.

Having a baby didn't keep me from blogging.

Having a teenager might.

So far I've discovered three ways in which my teen (and his next youngest sibling, who follows closely in my firstborn's footsteps) have made it extra challenging for me to keep up with this blog.  First, they stay up late. (10:30 is official bedtime for Josiah and David. Do they ever get in bed at that time? No, never.)  Second, they want to talk. (That's a good thing. That's a very good thing. After the noise of the day subsides and they get a chance to talk without younger siblings interrupting, it is a great opportunity for us to connect.  So I'm not complaining!) And third, they use the computers. (I can't blog if I can't even get close to a keyboard!)

If my blog presence is scarce in the future, don't be surprised: it probably just means that I'm hanging out with my favorite teen and tween.  After all, it's more important to live life than to blog about it!  :)

1 comment:

Bekahcubed said...

:-) It's a happy season in mothering even if it means less blogging. It's precious to have children who want to spend time with their mother even as they enter the teen years.