Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Sun Was a Bit Dim Today

David, usually a big ball of sunshine in our home with his enthusiasm and joyfulness, was not his normal self today.  He mentioned that his tummy hurt, then said he was cold even with a sweatshirt on.  Aha, it must be a fever.  Sure enough.  

Although the highest it ever was when I recorded it was only about 101, that's still high enough to drain the energy from my sunny boy; and all throughout the day, I noticed the change in his temperament.  His normal cheerful, I'm-gonna-make-you-laugh self did come out one time though.  It was when Moriah was hanging out in the johnny jump-up, and David must have thought she'd have more fun if she wore her glasses (and if he wore his, too, I suppose).

And then Tobin wanted to be a part of the merriment, so he got his glasses, too.

 Then they said, "Can we take a funny picture now?"  And I thought, "Isn't that what we've been doing?"
 But by funny picture, they meant one in which they turned around and showed the back of their heads to the camera.
 Moriah must be thinking, "Very funny, guys."
 They didn't want to leave their baby sister out, so they turned her around and put her glasses on the back of her head, too.
 Hilarious, I'm sure.  :)
Other than this brief episode of liveliness, David was pretty subdued today.  I'm hoping that a good night's sleep will restore health to his body...

...and an abundance of sunshine to his spirit!  :)

1 comment:

Valerie said...

These pictures make me smile. Sorry that David isn't feeling well though. Hope he's doing better now.