Friday, October 26, 2012

How She Celebrated 71

On Wednesday of this week, my dear mother had a birthday!  71 years young, she is.  :)

To celebrate, she...

...rocked her youngest granddaughter...
 ...carried wood from the woodshed to the porch...
 ...assisted by some of her grandsons...



 ...and watched by Moriah (who was, I'm sure, busy making mental notes of how to do it so that when she's old enough, she can help her grandma with the wood).  :)

My mother's birthday cake was an angel food cake that I made with the "help" of Shav.  We gave her cards and sang to her.  And for her gift, Josiah, David, and I took her and Dad to a production of The Sound of Music at my old high school this evening--a clutter-free, absolutely delightful gift.    :)

We thank God for all the days of my mother's life:  from the day of her birth 71 years ago until now.  She is a treasure!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday!! :-)

Margie said...

Love it when you talk about your mom, Davene. She IS a treasure! Happy Birthday to her!