Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mornings with Moriah

The first sound I hear in the morning is my daughter.

Moriah has become my alarm clock, waking me gently from sleep with her little cries.  She doesn't wail loudly; rather, she fusses softly, as if to say, "Hello out there!  Is anybody up?  I'm awake now and am ready to get up, if you would be so kind as to come get me!"  :)

So I get her, sit in my rocking chair to nurse her, then--at least recently I've been doing this--I lay her down on my bed for a few minutes of cuddle time with whoever happens to be in the bed.  Sometimes Jeff is still there, and Moriah gets to have a little daddy time first thing in the morning.  Sometimes one of the boys is there since they often like to come into our room after they wake up and lay down for a little while on our bed.   On this particular day, Josiah was the one who got to have a little brother/sister time with her.
 After that, I carry her downstairs and put her in the Bumbo inside the playpen, angled in such a way that from her seat, she can watch me do a task that becomes routine in these cool fall mornings: make a fire in the woodstove.  :)
 While I get the fire going to chase the chill from the house...
 ...she plays contentedly...
...patiently waiting for me to finish my job so that I can feed her some cereal.

And that's what mornings with Moriah are like!  'Tis a very pleasant way to start the day.  :)

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Does she suck her fingers? (Looking at the last picture.) Sylvia does, and while I know other children do, I've yet to see another one doing it. :) I love newly-awake babies!

Davene Grace said...

Oh yes, she definitely does! She's the first finger-sucker we've had. I happen to think it's adorable. ;-)