Friday, September 11, 2015

Progress in One Direction (But Not Another)

You might be hoping to read something about how many minutes apart my contractions are, or when my water broke, or something along those lines.  Well, I have nothing to report in that area!  I'm having the same ol' irregular Braxton Hicks contractions that I've been having for days (weeks! months?), but nothing very dramatic at all is occurring in the realm of actually HAVING A BABY.

However, I have made considerable progress in the nursery!  Getting that room organized and our baby boy clothes out of the storage boxes was a project that I thought I surely would have done a few weeks ago, at least; but somehow time slipped away, and now here I am, two days away from my due date, finally hanging up in the armoire and laying gently in drawers the precious, soft, tiny blue clothes that we are privileged to use for the fifth time!

I ran out of steam and didn't quite get the project finished tonight, but hopefully--if I don't go into labor (which is what I say about ANY plans I make these days)--I'll be able to finish cleaning and organizing that room tomorrow.  I'd really love to be able to say that was completely done before the baby's birth, even though it really doesn't matter and I could certainly finish it after he's born (just like when Shav was born and we didn't know beforehand that he was a boy and I had to wait to unpack the baby clothes until after his birth).  :)

But there's just something extremely fun about getting the final touches put on the nest for my new little one, and it's especially rewarding to have made good progress in this area tonight.

Especially because it seems like it's the only area in which I can actually make progress!  ;-)

No comments: