Tuesday, December 17, 2013

In the Big Ol' Net

Amid all the meaningless twaddle and downright trash that surfaces in this huge thing we call the Internet, gems are to be found: words, pictures, videos, songs, and so forth that reinforce what a marvelous place this sphere we call earth really is.

Here are some of the things that in recent weeks have made me gasp in astonishment at the wonder of creation and beam with joy as I've seen the loving side of people and yes, sometimes shed tears.  Maybe you'll find something worthwhile here, too.

********

Amazing video.  Wouldn't you love to be in on something like this?  I think the people who pulled it off as the givers had even more fun than the receivers.  :)


********

These goats.  Can you even imagine??

********

Prettiest igloo ever!

********

I looked at this, clicked away, then had to go back.  Gripping.  Beauty and love in the face of loss.

********

In tears yet?  No?

Maybe this will do it.

********

A lovely piece, astonishingly performed.


********

The fruit of the Spirit is...kindness.  (Galatians 5:22)

Clothe yourselves with...kindness.  (Colossians 3:12)

Be inspired by these examples.

********

I saw this mentioned on someone else's blog and was intrigued by it.  Because it is a "slow, peaceful" video, I wasn't sure it would actually hold my boys' attention; but I watched it with them and found it delightful.  I also found it delightful to see how it really captivated my boys and brought forth joy and laughter (a pineapple nose on a snowman? funny!) from them.  Plus, it includes a song, "Walking in the Air," gorgeously sung by a boy soprano.  It's a new Christmas favorite for me.

No comments: