Friday, January 24, 2014

I Don't Entirely Trust This Thermometer...

 ...which is to say that even though it showed 12 or 13 degrees below zero last night, from its perch right outside our kitchen window, I don't think it actually got quite that cold.
Regardless of its accuracy, that would explain why I cannot seem to get our house up to a satisfactory level of warmth, despite my filling the woodstove as full as I can get it all throughout the day and even late into the night, too.  It's just cold, and there's not much I can do about it but wear my warmest sweater and shiver when I walk into any room besides the living room.

It's just cold.

(Beautiful though.  Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE the snow?  How I feel like a winter that doesn't bring sizable accumulation is really a waste?  How I never get tired of seeing the beautiful white blanket covering the earth?...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It got that cold here. It is crazy cold for this time of year in South Carolina.