Monday, January 13, 2014

First Drawing with New Markers

There's just something about new markers.

First thing this morning, Tobin opened the box of brand-new, just-for-him-unless-he-chooses-to-share markers that we gave him for his birthday yesterday, got out a blank piece of notebook paper, remembered to put a couple extra pieces of paper under it so the markers wouldn't bleed through and stain the table (yes! he's learning!)  ;-), and began to draw.  Here is his first picture...
When he showed it to me, I admired it, of course, just like I always do when the boys show me their creations.  But then he explained what it was, and my appreciation of it grew.  You see, it's a big orange sun setting, with a tree in front of it, and the sky is darkening.  What a neat idea for a picture!

I'm grateful for his creativity--and for the simple joy of new markers.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet hearing him describe it first hand was wonderful.