Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Veterans Day Parade, a First for Us

Even though in years past I've seen the signs and thought, "Oh, that would be fun to take the boys to," we had never actually gone to our town's Veterans Day parade...until this year.

The sun was shining, and the temperatures, although cool, weren't bitingly chilly, so we set off, eager to experience a new adventure.
As my crew found places to sit and looked up the street with great anticipation for the parade to start, I found my attention focused on the handsome officer across the street...
...this officer.  He's a friendly chap, all right!  ;-)

It's always so exciting to hear...
...and see the parade begin and ever so slowly draw closer and closer.
As so often happens when I'm out with my little tribe, part of the time I watched what was going on around us--admiring the precision of the honor guard, tapping my toe as the band marched by, smiling as the little girls gallantly twirled their batons, admiring the horses and wishing I could ride one, and so forth...
...but the other part of the time, my eyes were on my own dear ones.
Watching them watch the parade is half--or more--of the fun!  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I find myself watching JDaniel to see what he is taking from different events too.