Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Clever

I have very little time to blog tonight because we're preparing for the arrival from California of a VERY special guest tomorrow!  But tonight as I was tucking Shav into bed, he did something that made me pause and reach for the camera to capture the moment.  So I'll just blog this really quickly and then get back to work.  :)

First, let me say that I didn't even know Shav knew the Fuzzy Wuzzy rhyme; in fact, I'm still not sure where he heard it and when he learned it.  But the fact that he took that little rhyme and made up a second verse?  Well, all I'm saying is he's a clever one, for sure.  ;-)

Here, have a listen...
Shav still seems to think many beginning consonants are optional, so let me write out the words he's saying so you can understand them.

Baldy Waldy was a bear.
Baldy Waldy had some hair.
Baldy Waldy isn't a Baldy Waldy anymore;
He's a Fuzzy Wuzzy!

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear.
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
Fuzzy Wuzzy isn't a Fuzzy Wuzzy anymore;
He's a Baldy Waldy!

You can guess how endlessly repetitive this cyclical rhyme can be.  As a matter of fact, Shav was laying on his bed repeating it while I was putting away laundry in his room, just before giving final goodnight hugs and kisses and turning out the light.  I honestly didn't even clue in to what he was saying for a little while; but when I actually listened, it made me smile.

Maybe I should stop and listen more often.  ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonder way for me to start the day! I loved hearing him.