Friday, February 22, 2013

This Little Part of Your Leg

Last evening, dear little Shav was having some emotional moments; and he came to me for comfort.  My natural inclination would be to gather him up in my arms; but as it happened, my arms were rather full already, since I was nursing Moriah at the time.  What's more, I was sitting in my glider rocker which is getting more and more crowded as Moriah gets longer; she and I fill it up, and she has to stick her feet out over the edge!  Nevertheless, Shav came and leaned against me which didn't bother me in the least, but the spot he chose happened to be where Moriah's feet were; and as she felt the pressure of his body, she sort of wiggled and kicked against it.  Shav repositioned himself, but then I needed to switch Moriah to the other side which forced him to step back again.  Poor Shav.

After I'd gotten Moriah settled, he walked to the other side of me, reached out his little hand, and gently patted my left knee.  "Could I have this little part of your leg?" he almost-hesitantly asked.  I assured him that he could; and, satisfied at last, he cuddled against me and was comforted.  :)

Sometimes I do what the writer of Hebrews says and come boldly before the throne of grace.  Sometimes I'm more like Shav, coming with tears in my eyes and a quaver in my voice, reaching out tentatively, and asking God softly if I could please just have this little part of His leg.

Isn't it wonderful to know His answer is "Yes!"?  :)
~ Shav on the Outer Banks of North Carolina ~ photo taken last September ~

4 comments:

JFisher777 said...

I love this!

Valerie said...

As if the story itself wasn't precious enough, you added the connection to our Heavenly Father, with a mental picture that just brought tears to my eyes.

Sally said...

This is very special.

Margie said...

Oh my gosh, this is wonderful. I want to keep that quote: Could I have this little part of your leg?