Monday, December 3, 2012

What Daddies Do

Zephaniah 3:17, a truly beautiful verse, says this:
The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
 I know those words describe what our Heavenly Father does, but isn't it wonderful that earthly fathers do those things, too?
 Being with their children.
Using their strength to save them.
Delighting in them.
Quieting them.
Rejoicing over them.
Yes, that's what daddies - the very best daddies - do.  :)

3 comments:

Sally said...

What a beautiful little girl I(in a beautiful dress)!
What beautiful pictures too.

I loved your observation about this verse. So true. Andrew is a calming and quieting presence to our children too. What a blessing Godly daddies are (to the children and the mommies!).

Unknown said...

Good daddies do and you have a great one for your children.

Kristy said...

I love this post. I mean love it. What a beautiful picture of the Father heart of God for us. That verse is a special verse for me and one I really held onto during Maddie's surgery last year.

PS. Miss Moriah is looking so grown up and more beautiful than ever!