Friday, December 14, 2012

Nothing to Do but Sit around...

...and wait for Christmas to get here.
Of course, that is only true if you happen to be a teddy bear.  ;-)

Otherwise, there is PLENTY to do between now and Christmas!!!

But it's a happy time, with joyful tasks on the to-do list, and the boys' excitement is contagious.  So even though some days I wish I could be like that teddy bear and just sit by the window and watch everything, I know that really, I'm content - more than content - to be who I am: the mom in this household who's busily getting ready for the celebration of the best birthday ever!!  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The ted at my house is always busy. I find him in the most interesting places.

Miriam said...

Thank you, Davene, for this post. Especially the part about the to-do list and contentment. Somehow I am really struggling with a "Bah, humbug" attitude this year. While I'm *wanting* to have a lot of fun and enjoy the season, somehow it's taking a lot of effort to not be a HIBERNATING bear! Today I'm gonna choose to be JOYFUL about the season, so there! :)