Friday, December 21, 2012

Tenderness

Through the years, Josiah has demonstrated time and time again a genuinely tender heart; and I have been immensely blessed by it.  I've often thought that his future wife will be so blessed by it, too!  :)

But these days I'm realizing that there's another female who benefits from the gentle strength of this 10-year-old boy who's fast becoming a young man:

His baby sister.  :)
Today as I watched Josiah carefully holding Moriah and talking so sweetly to her, I was reminded that there is a part of a woman's heart that is warmed simply by seeing or experiencing tenderness.  Perhaps in our modern culture, it's an overlooked character trait that should be cultivated more.

I pray that Josiah will never hesitate to (appropriately) show tenderness...and that Moriah will always have people in her life to nurture her tenderly!

No comments: