Sunday, December 9, 2012

Catching a Glimpse

A day or two ago, I was walking by the darkened laundry room when I happened to notice a light shining into it from the cellar.  What really caught my attention was the small boy sitting on the dirt floor of the cellar.
 Shav had gotten some of his tractors and trucks and was using them to move around dirt and gravel from the floor (like he did here).  He was having a grand time, and so was I, as I stood there and just watched him for a while.  :)

********

Last night I walked past another doorway and had to pause at the sight of another boy.  David had once again taken his pillowcase off his pillow and was using it as a {tiny} sleeping bag.
 But what's more, he had gotten himself on the floor right next to the "Christmas tree" in his room (which is actually the top of the regular Christmas tree we got for our living room...that's a whole other story, but we didn't get our tree until Dec. 5; and by the time we went to the Christmas tree farm, obviously quite a few other people had been there and gone, and the choices were slim pickings, to say the least...we finally decided on a certain tree that was too tall for our living room; it had a bare spot fairly close to the top, so we cut that part off and let the boys have it in their room...they're thrilled).  ;-)  I guess David was getting an early start on our Christmas Eve tradition of sleeping on the floor by the Christmas tree.  :)
It didn't seem very warm or comfortable to me, so I helped him get cuddled up with a soft, warm blanket.  Much better than just a pillowcase.  :)

********

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  I LOVE TO WATCH MY CHILDREN.  I love to study them, to notice the things they do, to observe their creativity, to be delighted by what delights them.

They are a never-ending source of wonder.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

JDaniel would love to play in the rocks too.