Monday, October 26, 2015

The Cumulative Effect

It's not as if one night of being up with an infant is so difficult.  But the cumulative effect of doing this for the past six weeks is catching up with me, and I AM SO TIRED.  This fatigue means that I'm lacking the time and energy to do a lot of things I'd really like to do, like write a lengthy blog post tonight and about a thousand other things.  But this too shall pass and it is so worth it and His mercies are new every morning and I can do all things through Christ and all the other maxims we tell ourselves and others to bring comfort and encouragement to weary souls.

Meanwhile, every day, no matter how challenging, has some moments of pure joy and utter sweetness.  When Shav asked to hold Benjamin this morning and continued to hold him, even when I said, "Do you want me to take him?"...
 ...and then when Shav said, "Picture, Mom!"...
...that was such a moment.

It is so worth it.

It really is.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Aww :) Sweet picture.

I'm not too tired until about 3:00 and then it hits me like a ton of bricks. I can't keep my eyes open for anything.

I wish Zion would sleep while one of the kids was holding her. She chooses to use that time to test out her lungs. I guess they just don't hold her like Mommy does.

sally said...

I believe I need to call you....