Friday, October 16, 2015

My Youngest Boys

When we found out that our sixth child was a boy, I wondered how Shav would feel about losing his Youngest Son status.  I needn't have worried.  :)

Rather than feeling displaced, I do believe Shav thinks it's a wonderful thing to have a baby brother.  His tenderness towards Benjamin and his loving words about him show me that.  :)

When we brought Benjamin home from the hospital, he was one day old...
 ...and Shav wanted to snuggle with him.

Now that Benjamin is one month and three days old...
 ...Shav still wants to snuggle with him.  :)
 There's a lot of love between these two boys!
Further proof?  This afternoon Shav was begging me to "do school" with him, so I told him we could finish up this workbook.  I had to smile when, out of all the things he could have chosen in answer to what he likes to do, Shav wrote "hug Benjamin."  :)
I think it's safe to say that Shav is very pleased to now be a big brother, not just to a little sister, but to a little brother, too!  :)

1 comment:

bekahcubed said...

What very sweet photos - and even sweeter boys!