Thursday, May 28, 2015

It's Not the Fourth of July, But...

...that didn't stop Jeff from setting off some fireworks tonight.

All I knew was that Jeff was sitting outside in the delightful evening air, keeping an eye on Moriah as the kids played; and the next thing I knew, Josiah was running inside to get a lighter and tell me that Dad was doing fireworks!  I hurriedly washed one last pan, then dumped my dishwater and headed out the door.  Didn't want to miss the show, you know.  ;-)

The amount of knowledge I have about how to take photographs of fireworks couldn't even come close to filling a teaspoon, so don't expect any technical perfection here (not that you should ever expect technical perfection from my photos).  ;-)  But I did have fun trying to capture the moments and preserve the memories.
 Some of the photos turned out darker, like the one above, and some were lighter; and that, combined with excited boys who weren't exactly standing still, led to such phenomena as Tobin appearing as a ghost.  He's see-through, y'all!  ;-)
 These are all SOOC, by the way (except for the one black & white photo).  At least, I think I can still claim that, although I did crop some of them.  Hmmm...can I really say they're Straight Out Of Camera, if I cropped them but didn't do any other editing?  That's a question for my friends who are real photographers!  ;-)






 In the next two, I especially like how Josiah cloned himself to make the effect even better.  If having one Josiah around is great, having two must be AWESOME, right?  ;-)  (But wait, I'm the one who wanted to clone myself!!)  ;-)







The funniest moment of the evening occurred when we heard a siren approaching; and one of the boys (who happens to be the most conscientious of them all), thinking perhaps that a member of law enforcement was coming to arrest--or at the least, chastise--us for having fireworks, BOLTED into the house, exclaiming his innocence all the way.  :)  Of course, we were all laughing about it--and even more so when we saw the siren actually belonged to an ambulance, not a sheriff's car!  :)

Fortunately, there's no law against having fun and making a memory with your family...

...even if you are using fireworks AND IT'S NOT EVEN THE FOURTH OF JULY.  :)

No comments: