Sunday, September 29, 2013

Recipe Box - Egg Salad Wrap {The Shortcut Way}

I have a few foods that I could eat every day, for quite a few days in a row, without uttering one word of complaint.  Egg salad is one of those foods.

There's a problem though: it feels like egg salad takes sooooo long to make.  Boiling the eggs and then shelling them and then finally getting around to making the egg salad itself seems to me to be about two steps too long of a process.  Which goes to show how lazy of a cook I can be sometimes!  :)

The other day when I was craving egg salad but not enthused about making it, an idea popped in my head: a shortcut way to make an egg salad wrap.  

I tried it.  

I liked it very much.  

I'm looking forward to doing it again!
Here's how I did it:

First I scrambled two eggs and threw a generous splash of Worcestershire sauce into the pan with the eggs.  Then I spread a thin layer of mayonnaise and mustard onto a soft flour tortilla.  I put a generous helping of green olives into the tortilla, put the scrambled eggs on top, and rolled it up.  As quick and easy as that, I had my egg salad wrap.

No boiling the eggs for 14-16 minutes.  No shelling them (my least favorite part).  No dicing the olives and mixing the other ingredients.  Just a couple of minutes of simple labor, and the job was done.

I like it when shortcuts turn out so well!  :)

3 comments:

Spoiled Daily In Love said...

Hi Davene ~ wow! I have never heard of such a sandwich =) Love your previous post ~ Josiah's Tree =) Hope you have a great week! Blessings, EMichelle

Unknown said...

This looks wonderful! JDaniel would love the olives.

sally said...

That sounds so good! I love egg salad--when someone else makes it. I have tried making it several times, but I just can't get the right combination of additives and seasonings to get it to taste good. I might have to try this shortcut method and see if I can enjoy that just as much. (BTW, our pastor's wife makes the best egg salad sandwiches ever!)