Sunday, September 8, 2013

Oh, Her Hair!

When I found out I was having a girl, one of the things I looked forward to doing was fixing her hair.

Since then, I've discovered it's not as easy as it looks.  ;-)

For one thing, dear little Moriah does NOT think that my hands should linger on her hair or that I should 
a) comb it,
b) put anything in it, such as a bow or a clip.
Which makes things a little difficult when her hair is so long as to get in her eyes.  At this point, I don't want her bangs to be cut, so what to do?

Well, I could do this.   ;-)
 A couple days ago, in the approximate 1.67 seconds I had before Moriah twisted and squirmed away, I managed to put a little ponytail in her hair.
And I smiled, thinking to myself how completely adorable she is in my eyes.
But I do hope I get better at this hair business.  ;-)
Because a top ponytail will only solve the problem for so long.  :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

In our house, that hairstyle was called a "mushroom" and those big teeth were called butter teeth and that face was called squinchy (or Chuckie Doll...disclaimer...we never actually saw the Chucky movies, only the video cassette covers). Enjoy the sweet little girl toddler days...and good luck with the hair ;)

sally said...

She is adorable! We have a lot of hair-in-the-eyes days for Rachel Anne over here because she frequently pulls out her hair clip (which I can put in in a fraction of a second). It is definitely a challenge! I think Rachel is getting a little better at leaving the clip in, and I know it time she just leave a clip or barrette in all the time, just like Marie and Hannah did after a while.

Mother B said...

She is precious! We had 2 boys first. Then when I was pregnant with my 3rd, I told God we might as well have another boy since I was sure I couldn't fix a little girl's hair :) As always, God had a better plan. Our little girl had the curliest most beautiful hair. I never had to fix it. It was naturally 'fixed' with gorgeous curls!