Monday, February 3, 2014

They Keep Finding New Uses for It

I still haven't figured out exactly what to call it, this indoor bouncy house thingy that defies a concise, specific name.  When we first got it with Christmas money from Grandma Fisher, I was delighted to see how much Moriah--and her brothers--enjoyed it.  But eventually, as is inevitable with such an item, it got a leak in it; and the bouncy floor part of it wasn't very bouncy anymore.  Jeff found a leak and patched it, but still the air slowly escaped.  He looked some more, patched some more, and still the same result.  After quite a few repetitions of this scenario, he got the brilliant idea to turn it over, and it became the boys' clubhouse--not that Moriah couldn't enter if she wanted, but she never seemed very interested in trying to crawl into it, so we let the boys take dominion over it.  I was just glad that what, in retrospect, seemed like a very poor decision on my part to buy the thing in the first place turned into something else of value, even when the original intent was gone!

This evening, Tobin came up with yet another use for it.  See?
 A lounge chair for two, just perfect for a boy and his little sister.  :)
 You think it would hold me?  :)
I might just sneak into the living room while all the kids are sleeping and try it.  Shhhhhh, don't tell 'em...  ;-)

2 comments:

Pam said...

It looks very comfy cozy as a lounge chair, and looks like a wonderful club house as well. How did your Chicken Spaghetti turn out? Hope you all enjoyed it.
9234825

Davene Grace said...

Pam - it was great! I loved it so much that I want to go eat another bowl of it right now! (Not a great idea at 11:00 at night!) ;-) Thanks so much for that recipe; I'll definitely make it again. :)