Monday, February 24, 2014

In the Big Ol' Net, Vol. 4

I had grand intentions tonight.  I was going to finally finish and post something I've been working on for a few nights, a report of sorts from our encounter with sickness last week.  But then...

Jeff opened a package that arrived in the mail today, and it was...drumroll, please...my first birthday gift.  Yes, I know it's 36 more days until my birthday; but hey, it's never too early to start celebrating!  :)

It was a Kindle.  A Kindle Fire.  I, who for several years had insisted that I didn't need or want a Kindle, am now a VERY happy owner of one!!  :)

I guess it was a week or two ago when I told Jeff that for my birthday, I was kind of interested in having a Kindle--one of the main reasons being that I could get rid of some of the books on our shelves because I could get them for free (or really cheap) on the Kindle.  A new way to declutter is always welcome!  I thought it would be fine to have an old, not-fancy Kindle--and told Jeff that--but he went and got me a Kindle Fire.  I feel very loved.  :)

Anyway, I was having so much fun with it that I couldn't pull myself away from it to work on that other blog post.  If my blogging becomes really sporadic, the Kindle might be to blame.  ;-)

For tonight, a few links I've enjoyed recently...  :)

(Vol. 1 is here.  Vol. 2 is here.  Vol. 3 is here.)

********

One night when I was just in the right mood for some silly humor, I stumbled across this and laughed and laughed at the expressions on these people's faces.  Then I reaffirmed my commitment to never, ever go in a haunted house, not only because I would HATE every single second of it, but also because someone might photograph me.  ;-)

********

A modern-day example of "her children rise up and call her blessed" from a dear real-life friend of mine, who happens to be incredibly open about the challenges of motherhood.

********

One Sunday, Jeff gave Josiah and David the task of reading and comparing 2 Samuel 24 and 1 Chronicles 21.  At first glance, those passages appear to contradict each other; but this chart that Jeff found and taught us from that morning was really helpful in understanding those chapters.  I always enjoy seeing how supposed inaccuracies and contradictions in the Bible, which some nonbelievers hold up as good reasons to abandon faith, can actually be explained, if the full picture is known.  And of course, I believe that only in heaven, when we know fully, will we REALLY see how it all fits together.  Until then, it's nice to have glimpses like this insightful chart gave.  :)

********

Ever since I first heard about it, the Tiny House movement has intrigued me.  Obviously, it's difficult to live in a tiny house when you have five children!  And also obviously, I'm more than grateful to currently live here in the home in which I grew up.  :)  But someday, when Jeff and I are 90 years old...  ;-)

If I did ever live in a tiny house, I'd like one like this.  It wouldn't be much of a hardship at all to live in something like that!  ;-)

********

A perspective-changer.  Sobering.  Needed.  GOOD.

No comments: