Sunday, June 28, 2015

Can You Guess the Theme...

...of the Vacation Bible School the boys participated in yesterday?
 It was strange: I sent some American boys; but by evening, they had turned into Egyptians!  And not the friendly, hospitable Egyptians Jeff and I met when we visited Cairo a dozen years ago.  These Egyptians near my house yesterday were the stern, harsh taskmasters of Moses' day - yikes!
 Except sometimes, it's hard to stay stern when your mom is smiling at you; and the persona of these tough guys began to slip.  Aha, I guess they are my sons after all!  :)
In other news, Jeff stayed home from our church service this morning to take care of Moriah who is sick with a fever and harsh, barking cough.  Because I needed to play the piano during the service, I passed the nursing duties to Jeff who very willingly assumed her care.  This is what I found when I walked in the door after the service.
I'd say he did a pretty good job.  ;-)

No comments: