Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Mighty Big Snip of the Apron Strings {Josiah Goes to NOLA}

In a little more than 31 hours, I will hug and kiss my firstborn and send him off on a grand adventure: a tour with his wonderful choir to the wilds of New Orleans for a children's choir festival.

Although I am CERTAIN he will have a wonderful time, I admit that, a few times in the past week, as the reality of this trip has drawn near, I've thought to myself, "This is the stupidest thing I've ever done.  WHY did I ever think this was a good idea??"  ;-)  Which is probably exactly what my parents thought when I was 18 years old and they sent me off--alone--to travel to Israel to meet up with my study group from my college (I had stayed behind in the U.S. to be in the wedding of a dear friend and missed the first couple days of the tour).  On second thought, maybe Josiah going to New Orleans with his choir isn't too bad after all!!  ;-)  But oh, how I will miss that boy!!!

However...taking myself firmly in hand...I'm not going to think about that right now.  Instead, I'm going to remember how beautifully the choir performed last night in their pre-tour concert to raise funds for earthquake relief in Nepal.  And not only did they sound beautiful--they looked it, too.  Especially a certain son of mine whose face I drank in thirstily.  I have to soak in the sight of him while I can, you know!  ;-)

As they rehearsed before the concert, I took a few moments to walk around and snap a few photos.  I just wish I could go to New Orleans and snap a few (hundred) photos there!  :)









3 comments:

Julie said...

Yay for choir trips and for moms who have the courage to snip apron strings one milestone at a time.

Pam said...

Wow, that is wonderful. It looks like a very special opportunity. I love the pictures; just beautiful. Many Blessings to him… and you
Hugs, Pam

sally said...

I have to say that your son is very special, very handsome, and growing up so fast it's alarming. I'm sure you will survive, and everyone will be healthier for it, even if there are some "growing pains".