Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Red Dress Tradition

It wasn't as if, when I discovered God was giving us a daughter, I immediately planned that every Christmas, we would dress up in red and take a picture together; but some traditions happen without any planning, and so it is with this one.  We just sort of fell into the habit of wearing our red and taking photos together each December.  :)
It's not as if I've run out to the store and purchased a red dress for Moriah each year.  Instead, a red dress has always appeared at just the right time--usually (perhaps always?) given by friends who just happen to pass along a red dress that happens to fit Moriah.  And so, each year she is wearing a different red dress for these annual photos.
It isn't as if I actually took these pictures on the Sunday we wore our red!  No, as a matter of fact, we wore red on Christmas Day which landed on Sunday this year; and that day was so busy, with church service in the morning and guests coming over in the afternoon, that I neglected to take the few minutes to have these photos quickly snapped.  And so, in order to capture this tradition, Moriah and I dressed up briefly in these outfits today--just to take these pictures.  It's still December, so it counts, right?  :)
It's not as if I could ever stop loving this girl, or thanking God with all my heart that He blessed our family with her sweet presence!  And so I'll continue, day after day, year after year, red dress after red dress.  :)
Here are Moriah's red dresses in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.  :)

No comments: