Friday, December 23, 2016

How I Bond with My Teen and Tween

I don't even know how it happened, but recently Josiah and David found out about Studio C and started watching their videos on YouTube.  Hearing their laughter ring out drew me into the living room to watch with them, and I confess that we have spent more time than we should have recently watching these silly things!

Here are three of my favorites.  :)



 The silly sense of humor Josiah, David, and I share has caused us untold merriment (the younger kids watch, too, and laugh; but sometimes, the more you know, the funnier a thing is, so it doesn't strike them quite as hilariously as it does my two oldest sons).  Now, when we're in a light-hearted mood, all one of us has to do is say, "Gender roles," or call out "Clouds!", or shriek, "Stranger danger!", and we're instantly reminded of the moments of laughter we've enjoyed together.

The fabric of our family togetherness is being woven by many things, including moments of depth and wisdom.  But every once in a while, a bright thread of ridiculous frivolity gets in there, too; and these Studio C videos are an example of that!  :)

No comments: