Friday, June 6, 2014

First Trip to Riven Rock, This Year

If you know me in real life or have been reading my blog for a while, you already know this; but I'll say it again: Riven Rock Park is one of my absolute favorite places.  :)

This past weekend, we went there for the first time this year; and it did not disappoint.  The peace and serenity, the beauty, the relaxation, the joy of seeing my children having fun in such a lovely part of nature, the blessing of being together as a family--it all combines to make an outing to Riven Rock a very special thing indeed for me.  

Jeff was extremely helpful in making this particular trip to Riven Rock a success.  First of all, he suggested it.  ;-)  But more than that, he helped a ton with preparing food for our picnic lunch there, which I greatly appreciated.  There's an extra special flavor when food is grilled and eaten outdoors - yum.  :)

I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves.  Think I can manage to hold my tongue til the end of this post?  ;-)











I give up.  I can't do it.  I HAVE to say something!  ;-)  OK, here it is: I didn't know Jeff was taking these pictures, but I'm glad he did.  It makes my heart happy to have plain 'ol routine interactions between my children and I captured in this way.






My gratitude for each of the ones God has placed in my family just grows and grows and grows!











I know you won't be surprised when I say that I'm already looking forward to the next time we get the chance to slip away to Riven Rock, our own little corner of heaven on earth...  :)

4 comments:

Valerie said...

It looks peaceful. My kids would love to stick their toes in the water. Looks like your boys had fun. :)

Is Moriah crying the in the last picture? :(

sally said...

Such sweet pictures! I love how it looks like you can all just relax. That's wonderful.

Davene Grace said...

Valerie - you must have good eyes! Yes, you're right: Moriah was crying. She had JUST fallen down and scraped up her knees on the rough surface and was being comforted by Daddy. It wasn't a serious injury, but I remember how much scraped knees hurt when I was a girl, so I know she was in pain. For several days afterward, she would get my attention and pat her knees, as if to remind me of what she had gone through. :)

Anonymous said...

I have still never been there. It looks like so much fun though!