Sunday, June 1, 2014

A New Month, a New Tree

It's a pretty sweet way to start a new month, planting a tree on the very first day.   :)
 Especially a peach tree!
 Jeff surprised me with this gift (he knows me well), and I was delighted to think that at some point, we may be able to eat peaches from our very own tree.  Bliss!  :)
 Only 5 of the 9 trees we planted last year have survived so far; we had expected some loss, so we're not sad about that.  We decided to just plant our new peach tree where one of the trees from last year had been planted...and hope that its future is not the same as its predecessor's was!  ;-)
I'm so happy about our little orchard!  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks amazing!! Just let us know when we can come picking. Ha Ha :) When I first started reading it I thought it was going to be a tire swing!! I enjoy reading your blog, thank you for being such an encouragement to me!

sally said...

Oh my goodness! A fresh, warm, tree-ripened peach is the best thing ever! We had those at home, and let me tell you, there's no peach that can compare. You will love it! And, they are ripe when you touch them and they fall off in your hand. (Of course, fighting disease and bugs is an issue, but hopefully you have a disease resistant variety.) That tree looks huge for a new tree. I was expecting something 6 inches tall. You might have some peaches before too long!

Anonymous said...

I don't have FB and I did not know where else to say this, so pardon me for doing so.

I stumbled upon your Walking with Alzheimer page today and just want to say your words brought me to tears. You write with such eloquence and your love, compassion, empathy, sense of loss and mourning, yet strong faith shines through. I am sending you a virtual hug. Thank you for your honesty and transparency. I may yet have to walk this road with a loved one and though I dread it I hope I am as kind as you are. Thank you.

Maria