Thursday, May 22, 2014

Moriah's Big Accomplishment

When the weather began to get warm this spring, I helped Moriah get on the trampoline, thinking that she was going to LOVE it and was going to enjoy SO many hours of jumping on it and wasn't it going to be GREAT?  The first few times on it, she did NOT love it and didn't think it was great AT ALL--and forget about HOURS on it, she didn't even want to spend a couple MINUTES there!

But then...

I suppose you could say she got used to it.  The rolling, unsteady-on-her-feet motion didn't feel so strange, and she even began to--gasp!--enjoy it!  :)

She still needed help to get on and off the trampoline, and I didn't mind so much, but it definitely limited me in what I could do while outside if I needed to be right there at the trampoline with Moriah.

But then...

She learned how to conquer that without my help.

Yesterday morning, while the kids and I savored homemade pineapple popsicles outside on the patio, we watched Moriah perfect the art of getting on and off the trampoline by herself.  A sliding board attached to a trampoline is a wonderful thing, and a little girl who conquers her fear of going down it without holding to someone's hand is, too.    :)

It's one more small step towards independence!  :)










No comments: