Thursday, May 8, 2014

Moriah and the Lilacs {For the Third Time}

Three times I've made this walk.

Out the door, behind the house, up the little hill, to the lilac bushes.

Of course, I've taken that path many, many times (I grew up in this house after all!); but three significant times I have walked it with my little daughter, camera in hand to not only capture the beauty of the flowers, but also the beauty of my Moriah.

When I told the boys that yesterday evening, one of them said, "But she's not three yet!"

"Yes," I answered, "but the first time I did it, she was just a newborn.  The second time was when she was one; and now that she's two, this is the third time."  

I look forward to continuing this tradition and taking this particular walk every spring with my girl.  :)

















I wonder what Moriah will look like next year, when we take our fourth annual Walk to the Lilacs...  :)

3 comments:

Margie said...

Oh, my goodness. I loved every. single. shot. This was one of my favorite dresses that was given to Sarah when she was born. I SO LOVE seeing Moriah in it. Thank you so much. She is sooo beautiful! (And really, getting so much bigger. I love her hair!)

Stephanie B. said...

Lilacs are one of my favorite flowers. Beautiful pictures!

sally said...

That is lovely! I enjoyed seeing the smile on her face as she was enjoying the lilacs. I think she's going to grow up to be a happy, smiling optimist like you!