Saturday, May 17, 2014

In the Big Ol' Net, Vol. 6

Would you like to know how many unfinished blog posts I currently have in my Drafts folder?  53.  That's peanuts compared to the 1,169 posts that I have published, but still.  Seeing that many drafts reminds me of the old adage my mother used to say when we kids had piled our plates high with food at Country Cookin's buffet, then complained that we couldn't eat it all:  "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach!"  In this case, I feel like my head is bigger than my fingers, meaning I get all these GREAT ideas that I just HAVE to write about, so I jot something down in a draft so I don't forget it completely, but then... *sigh*...I never find make the time to come back and finish it up--or in some cases, I just don't feel inspired about that particular topic anymore.  Meanwhile, my Drafts folder bulges, then bulges some more as another unfinished post gets dropped into it.

Well, I can't deal with all 53 of those posts today, but I can quickly finish up this one and get it out of there!  It's a start!  :)  Here then are some things I've particularly noticed and appreciated as I've been wandering around the internet recently...

(Vol. 1 is here.  Vol. 2 is here.  Vol. 3 is here.  Vol. 4 is here.  Vol. 5 is here.)

**********

There's a bunch I'd like to say about the topic of friendship, especially because I had the privilege of enjoying a Mom's Night Out (yes, it included watching the movie by the same name) :) last evening with a group of wonderful new friends.  Rather than say more about this topic now though, here is an article about women and friendship that I found insightful.

**********

A different perspective on Proverbs 31 - so helpful in those times when I think, "There's no way I can possibly measure up!"  (Which also relates to the movie I watched last night with the ladies.)  :)

**********

These examples of kindness make me want to find more ways to reach beyond myself and make a difference for others.   (By the way, I HATE the ads in the sidebar of Viral Nova's website; I think they're getting worse all the time because I remember showing my boys some neat things on that site in the past, but I wouldn't do so now.  Anyway, I almost didn't link to this because of that.  Proceed with caution.)

**********

Insight into how to answer the question, "How many children should we have?"  I like the balanced approach to this often controversial, emotional topic.

Something else about that same topic..."I know the notion of leaving our child-bearing up to God can be scary~ to some (even me) the notion of 21 kids and counting can be daunting.  But Michelle Duggar is not what happens to every woman who leaves the matter of child-bearing up to God."

**********

And finally, two stories that made me go "awwwww..."  :)  Love is a beautiful thing, especially when it's laying down its own life for others.




No comments: