Saturday, September 2, 2017

Gone and Back

We didn't announce it beforehand, but we had the incredible opportunity to spend this past week at beautiful Camp-of-the-Woods in the tiny town of Speculator in the Adirondack Mountains of New York.

It's a place that's been near and dear to my heart ever since I worked there in the summer of '95, and it was an absolute joy to be able to take the kids there for the first time--and as a bonus, our friend Amanda and her two kids went along, too.

Here is just a sample of pictures from our week away...
















And now, as I strive to return to "real" life, I do so with a full heart, overflowing with the memory of the special moments we savored last week and with the gratitude that can't help but come after such an experience.  Part of me wishes that we could turn around and go back to Camp-of-the-Woods right now, but the other part of me realizes that I can feast for quite a long time on the remembrance of what we shared there together!

No comments: