Sunday, May 21, 2017

Out of All that I Could Write About...

...I only have the mental energy to slip in a quick post here about Benjamin.  There are so many other things I want to record here on the blog, and now that the next two weeks have much less ink on my calendar than the preceding...oh...35 or so weeks did, I might actually get a chance to do that!  ;-)  But for tonight, just this.

Benjamin is obsessed with tractors.  He says "tractor" WAY more than any other word at this stage of his life, he loves to look at them in books, he delights in seeing them in real life, and he plays with them every day.  Oh, and "tractor" doesn't just mean tractor.  He seems to use that word to describe nearly everything with wheels: cars, trucks, buses, trains, lawn mowers, even wheelchairs.  :)

A couple days ago, I grabbed my phone before I walked into his room to get him out of his crib, and this is what I captured...  :)

Another thing that Benjamin loves is music, and he sings (his version of singing, anyway) probably more than he speaks.  This morning, he was not only singing, but also dancing...that is, until someone at church came to the doorway of the room and distracted Benjamin.  :)

Benjamin is in a bit of a difficult phase right now (revolving around two issues: his clinginess to me, and his habit of screaming which hasn't yet been broken), but he is so precious to me.  I'm doing the illogical balancing act that moms do when they simultaneously wish that their kid would hurry up and grow out of whatever tough stage they're in but also wish that their kid would remain small and not grow up quite so fast.  It doesn't make any sense, but moms know it's true!!  :)

No comments: