Saturday, November 14, 2015

You Might Be a Tired Mom If...

...while reading to your children this page...
 ...from The Valentine Bears by Eve Bunting...
...you are instantly seized with an immense amount of envy because you think that curling up comfortably against your husband's back and sleeping for the next four months seems like just about the best thing in the world!

At least, that's what happened to me this morning while I was reading to Shav and Moriah during Tobin's swimming lesson.  Instant envy.  I wish I were a bear.  Hibernation sounds sooooo good right now.

Maybe I'm a little more tired than usual.

********

You also might be a tired mom if...

...while waiting to pick up your 10-year-old son from gymnastics, your infant son needs nursed, so you stay in the van to feed him for a few minutes--and instantly fall asleep, sitting upright, your baby in your arms, and you don't wake up until your favorite gymnast knocks on the door of the van because his class is over and he's ready to go home and he needs you to unlock the van so he can get in.

********

You also might be a tired mom if...

...while sitting in your rocking chair, nursing your baby one night, you fall asleep and then have a vivid dream about your neck hurting.  And then you wake up and realize that an hour or so has gone by, your baby has long since quit nursing and is snoozing peacefully in your arms, and your neck indeed hurts from the bobbing motion your head did because you went to sleep sitting up.  You realize you could have laid your baby back in his crib and then laid down in your own bed, thus avoiding an aching neck; but you're discovering that it's nearly impossible to stay awake when you sit down.  The moment you stop standing up = instant narcolepsy.

********

So yeah, I'm tired.  Exhausted is not too strong a word to use.  But hey, at least in my sleep-deprived state these days, I haven't yet reached the point of forgetting my baby's name like I did once upon a time (#6 in this post)!!  ;-)

1 comment:

sally said...

O.k., the need for a new baby is a *little* less now. However, a 4 month sleep sounds good to me too, and mine all sleep through the night!