Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Moriah's First Date

It's become a tradition in our family that, when a child reaches three years of age, he or she gets added to the rotation for Wednesday morning breakfast dates with Dad.  When we only had four boys who were eligible, it worked out fairly easily each month that the first Wednesday of the month was for Josiah to go out with Jeff, the second Wednesday of the month for David, and so forth.  

Now that Moriah is almost three, she has been excitedly and very vocally looking forward to her turn for breakfast with Daddy; and since her birthday is tomorrow, we decided to let her begin her celebration a day early by having her first ever breakfast date.  David, whose turn it would normally have been, kindly sacrificed his day so that she could have the joy of this special time with her daddy.

Before these two set off on their adventure, which today included breakfast at Burger King and some grocery shopping at Sharp Shopper, I couldn't resist taking a few pictures to memorialize this significant occasion!  :)


Do you think Moriah has any idea how cherished and adored she is??  :)

3 comments:

Polly said...

Such a sweet tradition and a sweet post!!! It's good to be 3!

Emily said...

What a great tradition. My dad regularly took me on dates (and still does sometimes) and I have such sweet memories of those times.

Valerie said...

I thought her birthday was today! Happy Birthday Moriah! I can't believe you are 3 already. I wish we lived closer so Keturah could come play :)

I LOVE the breakfast tradition. We've attempted it a few different times but it never stuck. I think we need to try again. :)

Looking forward to a 3rd birthday post :)