Thursday, December 4, 2014

A New Bed for Willow

As I go throughout my days, many of my tasks are mindless enough that, while I am doing them, my mind can be occupied with other things.  Oh, the lofty thoughts I have in such moments!  At the time, I'm fully convinced that when night falls and when the children are tucked in bed and when the house is quiet, I will sit down at the computer and let my thoughts flow through my fingers and capture the loftiness in a blog post.

The reality is, however, that many times, when the chance does come for me to sit and blog, my mental energy gauge shows an alarming "empty!", making it feel like an impossible task to summon up the strength to even attempt to communicate the profound things I was thinking earlier in the day.

And that's when I post a snippet or two of shallowness--just something from my life, but nothing of any real depth.

Like a new dog bed for Willow, for example.  :)
We'd been on the look-out for one, and I was delighted when Jeff came home yesterday with this one that only cost $20.
It appears that Willow isn't the only one who likes it.  ;-)  (Disclaimer: it wasn't as if the boys were hogging all the room on the bed, forcing Willow to sleep with her head off it.  In fact, she was the one who laid down first and got into that position--I've noticed her sleep like that lots of time in the past, with part of her body on and part of her body off whatever mat she's lying on--and then the boys got down beside her for a picture.  Just thought you should know...)  ;-)
There's nothing profound or lofty or wise or inspiring about this post; those thoughts will have to wait for another day (or more likely, never be voiced!).  ;-)
But I think when I look back on this post in the years to come, it will bring a smile to my face.

Even shallow things can do that.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to chuckle! Most of my deep/lofty thoughts I think I must remember so I can write them down are lost before I remember there was something I wanted to write so I wouldn't forget. Oh well, hopefully God will bring it back to mind when it is needed! Good job if you can still remember what the thoughts were!! Your posts are such a blessing and encouragement! Gail