Sunday, August 17, 2014

Front Door {Before & After}

For a long time, I have wanted something: a black door.

Oh, not just any ol' black door, but a black front door.  In my opinion, with a red brick house, having white trim and a black door (and black shutters...and a black metal roof...but one thing at a time, you know!) ;-) is the perfect color combination (kind of like my downstairs bathroom!).  ;-)

On Monday, Jeff, who has known of my desire for a while, surprised me by suddenly getting the ball rolling to make this Project Have a Black Front Door happen.  He talked with our friend Kevin, who is a painter; and before I knew it, the process was underway.  

Here are the before pictures of the front door...

 ...and of another door on the front of the house.

 When Kevin started painting the front door, it didn't take long for an audience to gather.
 It IS fun to watch something be transformed!  :)
 Kevin painting the other door...

 And then, after a few days (to let each coat dry thoroughly before a new one was added), the project was done.  Here is my other black door...

 ...AND MY BLACK FRONT DOOR!!!  :)


I think we all like it.  :)

It's such a joy when something you've been envisioning for so long finally comes to pass...and when it does, you discover that you like it even more than you thought you would.  :)

1 comment:

sally said...

That does look very elegant! You have an eye for beauty and tasteful decor.