Friday, August 4, 2017

Watching Him Wake Up

A couple days ago, I walked into Benjamin's room to get him out of his crib, fully expecting to find him either sitting up looking at the books I keep in a small bin in his bed or standing up by the window keeping an eye out for tractors or various other exciting objects to go by our house.

Instead, I discovered that he was still asleep, so I tiptoed out of the room and went back downstairs to get my camera.  I wanted to capture the process of him waking up.

First, the sleep...such a sweet, peaceful thing to behold.
 He started to rouse...
 ...and rolled over.  And look!  There was a monster truck underneath him the whole time.  No wonder he wasn't laying flat, but was hunched up in the first picture!  :)
The first opening of the eyes.
 The stretching.
 The "I'm not sure I want to be awake" look.  Oh, wait.  Maybe that's just something I do when I wake up.  ;-)
 The first smile as his eyes met mine.  Melt my heart, why don't you, little buddy?
 The reaching out for me to pick him up.
 The "Mommy hasn't gotten me yet because she's holding that strange gray thing so I'm going to do one of my favorite comfort things and start pulling my hair now" look.  ;-)
And then I set down the camera and scooped up my baby boy.

My dearly-loved, forever-cherished, quickly-growing, but-still-my-baby, wonderful boy!!

1 comment:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

He is heart-melting! I remember standing for as long as I could could allow myself, just staring at my sleeping babies, toddlers, and even older kids. Precious x