Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Afternoon & Evening {A Plentiful Picture Post}

It wasn't until about 1:30 this afternoon that I pulled out my camera to snap "a few" photos to remember this Easter by.  Up until that point, the day had been very meaningful--with a not-quite-sunrise service ;-) and breakfast at church followed by Jeff having the honor of preaching for the regular service.  Then it was homeward bound to have lunch here with my parents; and then and only then, as Moriah was finishing up eating and acting a little grumpy and reminding me by her fussiness that her wake-up time had been a lot earlier than normal and that she needed a nap, did I pull out my camera and decide to start clicking.  And then I didn't stop--except, of course, for the time I spent napping this afternoon (because Moriah isn't the only one around here who needs naps!).  :)

There are a lot of photos in this post and very few words.  Almost everything is self-explanatory.  Which is my way of saying that I'm tired and want to go to bed and do NOT want to stay up to write more!  ;-)

For being a tired little girl, Moriah held up remarkably well as I photographed her.  :)















































  Willow was happily chewing on a ham bone.  :)

By way of explanation for the next picture, let me copy what I wrote on Facebook about it.  :)

When I got on Facebook tonight, I immediately noticed that many of my friends had taken beautiful pictures all dressed up for Easter with their families today and had posted them on FB; and I was like, "Man, why didn't I think to do that?"
And then I remembered that I DID happen to snap one picture today with all my family in it. "Perfect, I'll share that."
So, here's our gorgeous picture of our glamorous family on Easter!! wink emoticon
The back story: this evening we were enjoying some fun family time outdoors; and at this particular moment, the activity of choice was picking up acorns so that Jeff could lob them at Josiah and David so they could try to block them with their staffs. The boys BEGGED him to do this. Seriously
(Side note: you might be a redneck if your idea of a good time is throwing acorns at each other.)
I had taken some pictures of Jeff and the kids while they were doing this; and then I thought I would set the camera down on a handy pallet, put it on the timer setting, then walk over towards the family so I could be in the picture, too. Nobody else knew I was doing this, so obviously they didn't prepare for a photo...nor did they put their best foot forward, so to speak.
I found it more hilarious than you might imagine to discover that, at the precise moment when the camera clicked, this happened to be the pose for everyone in the photo.
We Fishers sure are lookin' good on Easter. wink emoticon














Watching this classic movie was a great way to end the day.  :)

And with that, this post is done, and my head is about to hit the pillow.  But before I do, I will quickly add that I know very well that the most significant part of this day is our remembrance of the resurrection of Jesus, so don't be misled into thinking that all the peripheral items and activities--Easter dresses, frolicking outside, pets, being with family, etc.--are more important to me than that.  It's because of what Jesus did for us that we can live this kind of life--with all its simple pleasures--and look forward to the next life--with all its eternal pleasures!  :)

No comments: